Friday, May 2, 2008

Carowinds!



Today has been one nonstop day for us. We started out with the bed of Fruitos. Then headed to Elizabeth's speech therapy. That was followed by meeting friends at the YMCA. Elizabeth & Katherine got to hang a child watch with their buddy Matteo, while I met up with my friends, Robin & Lori, for a fun cardio dance class. From there we ran to church to drop off the palm leaves and drove through Chick-fil-A for lunch. After we ate lunch and I showered again (thankfully no more Fruitos incidents) we headed to Carowinds.


I realize that many of you may not be familiar with Carowinds. Carowinds is a local amusement park about 4 miles away from us. Those who have visited know that you have to drive right past it to get to our house. It's no Six Flags Magic Mountain, but it's plenty of fun. The children's area theme Nickelodeon characters, so it's perfect for Elizabeth's age.

We met up with several friends (4 Moms, 1 Dad & 5 kids in total) at Carowinds. This was the first day we've been to Carowinds since they have been open on Fridays and weekends. It was about 80 degrees here today so it was perfect weather for the outing. Katherine got to ride in the hot air balloons with us (she wasn't so thrilled) and the carousel. She loved that while it wasn't moving. Elizabeth and her friends rode most of the other rides together, while we watched.

The last ride that the kids wanted to ride was one that Katherine could not ride, so our friend Robin took both Elizabeth and her daughter on it. Katherine and I sat on the side line and watched. It wasn't a ride I was too thrilled to get on so I was very content watching. Katherine was able to have some time out of the stroller She had a blast dancing to the music as we waited for the others to ride.

I was able to capture some great pictures (be sure to check them out). I can't wait to go back! It looks like this will be may become part of the normal Friday routine.

No comments:

Summary of What We've Been Up to...

For those of you who are new to our blog, WELCOME! Here are few posts that can quickly catch you up.

"Happy Holidays 2010"
"Christmas 2009"
"Happy Holidays 2008"
"A Quick Catch Up!"