Today I have a couple of fun things to blog about. So I'll start out with my funny morning story. I woke this morning, like most, to find Elizabeth had climbed into bed with me sometime after Dennis had gotten up. As normal she just couldn't stay still and was ready to kick me out of bed. I somehow managed to convince her to half way lay still for about 30 minutes. Finally at just before 7am I rolled out of bed.
I'm usually such a morning person and am ready to get up and start my day. This was not the case today as I was up until 12:30am cutting out palm leaves for Vacation Bible Study at church. They needed them today so they could put them out for church Sunday. Way to procrastinate Marla! I've had almost all week to cut them out.
So I got up and got Elizabeth dressed before I jumped into the shower. This is a pretty regular routine. I turn on the TV and she gets to watch Curious George (she loves that monkey!) while I'm getting ready for the day. When I got in the shower she was tucked in nice and comfy watching TV. Katherine was still sound asleep.
When I got out of the shower, I was a little surprised to find Elizabeth had the box of Fruit O's (Harris Teeter brand Fruit Loops) and was eating......no not eating them, picking them up. She had emptied the entire bag of Fruit O's on our bed. I can just imagine her jumping on our bed (which she doesn't that I know she does) with Fruit O's flying everywhere! That would have been a great picture to catch! She saw me and had an instant look of panic, like you're not suppose to be out of the shower yet, I'm not done cleaning up my mess. At least she was cleaning up the mess, so I couldn't be too hard on her.
It was interesting to watch how she was cleaning up the mess. She was picking them up ever so delicately and deciding if it was a color she wanted to eat or put in the bag. She would then proceed to either eat it or put it in the bag. This is probably not a surprise for a child of mine. If you know how I eat M&M's (or any multi colored candy) you will probably completely agree.
Once I was dressed I helped her out. I think it would have taken her all day to pick them up and then she'd be bouncing off the ceiling for certain. I wish I would have run down stairs to get the camera. It would have made a great candid shot. However, Katherine was awake and clearly ready to get up for he day, so I didn't think about that until after the fact. Maybe next time. I'm certain that this won't be the last time this happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment