Thursday, March 26, 2009

Running Races!

Saturday is a big day for me. I will be competing in a run as a runner. I've walked many many events, but this will be the first one that I will be running. I am running in the Elizabeth 8K on Saturday. No, I won't be running 8K, but the 3K portion of the run. That is 1.86 miles. I signed up for it only a couple of weeks ago when a fellow preschool Mom mentioned it to me. We're going to run it together. I'm very excited about it.

I never thought that I'd really enjoy running. That was mostly because of a bad knee. The strange thing is that my knee has not been bothering me at all. I've actually found that I feel like I should be running on the days that I'm not running. I actually look forward to my daily run.

The plan is to sign up for a 5K (3.1 miles) at the end of April. That will be followed by the MS 5 Mile Walk in mid May. I plan to run that as well. I'm hoping to eventually work my way up to a 1/2 marathon. I don't think I'll try a full marathon, but who knows. I guess I'll have to wait and see on that.

I'll keep you posted on how things go!

No comments:

Summary of What We've Been Up to...

For those of you who are new to our blog, WELCOME! Here are few posts that can quickly catch you up.

"Happy Holidays 2010"
"Christmas 2009"
"Happy Holidays 2008"
"A Quick Catch Up!"