Saturday, March 28, 2009

Elizabeth 8K

It was a nice cool overcast and a little off and on drizzly spring morning here in Charlotte. Perfect for nice run! Dennis, the girls and I met up with Therese and her family before the race. Our husbands and girls (they have two girls similar ages to Elizabeth & Katherine) hung out and waited for us to cross the finish line. It looked like the girls had fun playing while the guys got to chat. It was very nice to have them there to cheer us on!

We ran the 3K portion of the Elizabeth 8K. I felt great most of the race. Therese and I actually chatted off and on during the 1.86 miles. We didn't finish first, but we didn't finish last either and we ran the entire thing. We did a good job coaching each other and our paces seemed like they were pretty evenly matched. It actually went by faster than I'd imagined. I'm not sure what our exact finishing time was, but when I glanced at the clock right before we crossed the line it read 26:15. I added a few seconds and then Therese pointed out that was started 5 minutes after the 8K runners. That brought our time down to a little over 21 minutes. Overall, we shaved some time off of the pace we have both been running on our treadmills.

One race down and the next will be near the end of April. I think I'm hooked on running. Who knew I was a runner? I sure didn't! (Sorry, no pictures. Therese's husband took some so I'll have to see if I can get a few to post out here.)

No comments:

Summary of What We've Been Up to...

For those of you who are new to our blog, WELCOME! Here are few posts that can quickly catch you up.

"Happy Holidays 2010"
"Christmas 2009"
"Happy Holidays 2008"
"A Quick Catch Up!"