This is the first year that our Holiday letter will be online! If you've been following our blog all year some of the highlights here might sound familiar.This year has flown by for us. It's hard to believe that we've now been in North Carolina for 6 years. This fall has been especially cold so we are hoping to see a good snow at some point. We (okay, I) definitely miss the snow! I'm certain my neigbhors think I'm crazy to volunteer to shovel their driveways if and when it snows.
Elizabeth (now 4 1/2 years-old) is in preschool 3 days a week at Good Shepherd United Methodist Church(GSUMC). She loves going to school. Her favorite part of the week is show-and-tell. It is so hard for her to actually put her item in the box at the beginning of the day. She wants to tell everyone about it first thing. I've been amazed at how she loves to work on her writing homework. She's still going to speech therapy twice a week, but she's making good progress. Elizabeth is still our little tomboy. She loves cars and planes....and boys! I never knew the boy craziness started so young. I suppose I should have known better about that, too. I can hardly believe that she will be starting kindergarden next year. When drive by the new school being built down the street, Elizabeth proudly declares, "That's MY new school!" It will be the school that she attends next year.
This summer's fun included a visit from Mary & Royal. We headed to Topsail Beach for a great time. Katherine was absolutely fearless when it came to the water. Dennis brother, Tim, had two weeks leave from Iraq and we got to visit with their family as well. It was great to see everyone. Nandy, our Nanday Conure, passed away this summer. That was not an easy thing to explain to the girls. Elizabeth still mentions him every once in a while. Both of the girls loved going to the pool this year. Elizabeth suprised us by starting to swim. We'll most likely sign her up for lessons next summer. Katherine and I made a trip to Chicago to visit with family. My Dad and his family drove out to Chicago from California and we spent a lot of time sight seeing together. It was great to see so many family members. The kids missed seeing Elizabeth, but had a lot of fun with Katherine. It was a summer filled with family/friends, and wonderful memories. (Summer Blogs)
My Mom came out this fall and we did plenty of running around. We went on Elizabeth's school field trip to Black's Peaches and Farm (pumpkin patch), where we tried to stay dry, and attended one of Elizabeth's friends birthday party at the Bank of America stadium (where the Carolina Panthers play). Elizabeth is all about football! I was baptized at GSUMC while she was here. That has been something that I've been wanting to do for some time now. The girls really enjoyed her visit. We've had plenty of fun with the season change. The girls have really enjoyed watching the leaves turn colors and fall. We learned that Mary (Dennis' Mom) was diagnosed with breast cancer. They caught it early and we are very thankful for that. Dennis made a trip back to Oregon to surprise his Mom. It has been a very busy fall (Fall Blogs).
This year we started ,what I hope will be, a new Holiday tradition. We took the girls to ride the Polar Express ride on Great Smokey Mountains Railroad (We believe Blog). The only thing missing was snow. The girls had a great time even though they only napped for an hour on the drive up to Bryson City.
I've included links to various photo albums that go with the events I've hightlighted in this update. There may be a few blog entries to go along with them, too. We hope that all is well with all of you and your family during this Christmas season. You are all are near in our thoughts and prayers. May the spirit of this beautiful and blessed season be with you now and throughout the new year.
Love,
Dennis, Marla, Elizabeth & Katherine
Dennis, Marla, Elizabeth & Katherine
3 comments:
Merry Christmas to the Frambes from the PEREZ Family in California!
It was so good to hear from y'all. It's been so many years yet it feels like last year since we went camping together. Obviously much has changed with both of our families and it's wonderful to see your girls grow from year to year. Jordan and Jamie are almost adults-Jordan has been applying to colleges and both he and Jamie are playing varsity basketball. They have been keeping us busy as usual. TWC is as busy as ever as the West ROC continues to grow. We will soon own all of the DMA's in So. Cal.
We really miss you guys and think of you often. Especially when we trek down to Garden Grove to our favorite Dim Sum restaurant.
Many Blessings this holiday season!
Joe, Rebecca, Jordan and Jamie Perez
Merry Christmas from the Oakes family!
Thank you for the Christmas card with a picture of your beautiful girls! Having your Christmas letter on your blog was a great idea too.
We have been wondering what the Frambes family has been up to. Dennis we certainly missed you at the 20 year reunion this summer in Reedsport. We had a good turn out and I think most (including myself) had a good time reconnecting with old friends.
Right now we are enjoying cold snowy days with yet another day of school cancelled. It certainly feels like Christmas time.
Hope all is well with your family. We will send you a card with our kiddos on it soon. Merry Christmas!
Roger
Thank you so much for your comments! It is wonderful to hear from you guys. I keep hoping that more people would follow and comment on our blog. It certainly is not easy to keep up with everyone with so many miles between a lot of us and so many things going on in all of our lives.
Marla
Post a Comment