Friday, December 26, 2008

It's Snowing!

Okay, not really.....I do wish it were though. I've been wishing, praying and dreaming of snow since the weather here turned bitter cold early this fall. I thought for sure that would mean the Carolina's would certainly be getting snow. Thus far the cold hasn't meant that at all. We've even had days back up in the upper 70's. I know there are a few of you out there that think that would be nice about now and I'd gladly trade you if I could have some white fluffy form of water.

You might wonder why I specifically mentioned it as a form of H2O. Well, it seems that my girls have wonderful creative imaginations. A couple of weeks ago, I heard Elizabeth hollering, "It's snowing! It's snowing!" Like the silly person I am, I looked out the window. After all it was only 74 degrees that day when we'd mailed Christmas packages. I went into the family room to find Elizabeth and Katherine sitting in a pile of shredded white tissue paper. Elizabeth was tossing it up towards the ceiling and calling it snow. They giggled and laughed and made a few snow angels before I asked them to help me clean it up. They tracked a trail of it from the family room to the trash can in the kitchen. God answered my selfish little prayer, just not exactly how I'd imagine He might. It was a lot of fun. I certainly can say it snowed in our family room this year and we had fun playing in the snow.

No comments:

Summary of What We've Been Up to...

For those of you who are new to our blog, WELCOME! Here are few posts that can quickly catch you up.

"Happy Holidays 2010"
"Christmas 2009"
"Happy Holidays 2008"
"A Quick Catch Up!"