This year was really tough because the character that Elizabeth wanted to be was very hard to find. She wanted to be Stephanie from Lazytown. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $40+ for a Halloween costume. Last year we tried to talk her into getting that costume and it was at Target. No such luck this year. Every time we asked her what she wanted to be instead of Stephanie she couldn't decide. So I decided for her.
Friends of ours are partners (or own not sure which) a couple of Halloween stores and since Katherine and I were going to be across the street for a doctors appointment (a whole different blog topic) so we stopped in to pick out costumes. Katherine had a blast running around and I was a little bummed that Elizabeth wasn't with us (she was in school). Although, I think she may have been a little scared.
There were so many choices and finding a costume that would fit is always tough with my petite little princesses. Elizabeth would have loved to be a race car driver or Lightening McQueen or Mater, but I really wanted her to be something more girly. We had just seen a cat in out back yard that morning so I felt pretty confident in my choice of a back cat costume. As you can see by the picture she LOVED it!
I'd hoped for a strawberry short cake or little red riding hood costume for Katherine, but the were all in Elizabeth's size and not in her size. So we decided on a little strawberry fairy costume. We tried it on her and she had a ball looking at herself in the mirror. I think she would have worn it the rest of the day.
I'm really looking forward to taking them out this year. I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment