I can't believe preschool has started again. It seems like just yesterday was the beginning of summer. I actually welcome a more consistent routine. I've definitely become accustom to lazy summer mornings. This will be our 2nd week back to school, so I'm still trying to get us all up and out the door on time.
Elizabeth is in the three day 4's program at our Church's preschool. I had the opportunity to introduce myself and Elizabeth to one of her teachers at of the Thrive Alive concerts. Elizabeth was not too shy with her and I was glad to see that. We talked quite a bit and I really like her. Dennis and I attended the meet the teacher night where we met the other teacher. She is also very nice. I think that both of them are
a very good fit for Elizabeth.
The next day was the meet the teacher day for the kids. Elizabeth was a little nervous and asked me several times not to leave her. Katherine, who attended with us, made herself quite comfortable. I don't think that she would have noticed if I disappeared. Elizabeth finally sat down at her assigned spot and nicely shared her coloring project with Katherine. She met a few of her classmates. I was a little worried since we did not know anyone in her class. All of her classmates from last year are in different classes. By the end of the meet the teacher outing she gave both of her new teachers big hugs and told them she'd see them next week.
Katherine, of course, had made herself at home and didn't want to leave. I'm sure by next year she'll be very ready to head off to preschool.
No comments:
Post a Comment