Friday, October 29, 2010

Puzzle Pieces Everywhere!

Recently Katherine has discovered the joy of working puzzles. She will spend hours working and reworking puzzle after puzzle. However, unlike Elizabeth who is meticulous about making sure each piece gets back with the correct puzzle, Katherine prefers to leave them scattered in piles. When I asked her to pick them up and put them away she gathered them in a bucket all mixed together.

I can see my Mom somewhat giggling at this. When asked to clean my room as a child, I'd just shovel everything into the closet or under my bed with zero rhyme or reason. Where now I want everything in it's place.

After I asked her several times to pick them up. I finally resorted to the trash bag threat. Just like the typical kid, she was screeching, "NO!!!! I'm cleaning them up!" Still she was not putting them away. I handed a bag to Elizabeth and asked her to put all of the pieces into the bag so we could throw them away. Yeah, I think Katherine has her sister all figured out. Sure enough, Elizabeth went running into the playroom to pick up the puzzles for Katherine. There's no way she'd let me throw away those puzzles. Katherine lounges back while Elizabeth cleans up the room.

I'm not entirely convinced that all of the puzzle pieces are in their proper boxes, so next week sometime I'll be working 20 kid puzzles to make sure we have all of the pieces. Good thing I LOVE to work puzzles. Not to mention, I think I'm going to take a friends helpful hint and mark the back all of the pieces for a puzzle with the same letter to make sorting easier next time this happens. Yes, I'm certain there will be a next time.

No comments:

Summary of What We've Been Up to...

For those of you who are new to our blog, WELCOME! Here are few posts that can quickly catch you up.

"Happy Holidays 2010"
"Christmas 2009"
"Happy Holidays 2008"
"A Quick Catch Up!"