Thursday, October 28, 2010

Best Dinner Cook!

A couple of weeks ago, I was having one of those days where it seemed like every thing was a battle with the girls. You know, one of those times where you begin to wonder if you were cut out for parenthood. Dennis was working late and I was so ready for a Calgon moment.

I had dished the girls plates and sat them at the table. After the third, fourth, or was it fifth (I have lost track of how many) time I asked them to come to the dinner table. There was a battle for something another.....wanting to wait for Daddy....finish watching a show....working on a puzzle...who knows. They finally sat down. I was back in the kitchen dishing my own plate and doing a little cleanup at the same time. I could hear them doing their normal giggling and playing at the table. As I headed back into the dining room, I figured that they had not eaten a bite . I was surprised to find quite a bit of food already gone from their plates. Yes, I'm certain that they were not feeding Bandit under the table. I sat feeling exhausted and not wanting to fight any battles with either one of them.

As I started to eat my dinner. Katherine started to stand in her chair, but before I could protest she'd reached over to give me a huge hug and whisper (which is not really whispering for 3 years-old), "You make the best dinners ever, Mommy! I love you!" Elizabeth immediately echoed her sisters sentiments. It was as if all the bad moments of the day were completely wiped away with two simple sentences from my girls. I was smiling...beaming from my head to my toes. They melted my heart and made my day just like that!

Funny how they noticed the affect it had on me. I kid you not, every dinner since then one or both of them make sure to add those two simple sentences at some point during the meal and it has the same affect every time. What a great thing to experience! I love being a Mommy!

No comments:

Summary of What We've Been Up to...

For those of you who are new to our blog, WELCOME! Here are few posts that can quickly catch you up.

"Happy Holidays 2010"
"Christmas 2009"
"Happy Holidays 2008"
"A Quick Catch Up!"