Sunday, June 22, 2008

We got a Wii!!!!

Since the month of June is filled with special occasions we decided to do one major group gift for Dennis' birthday, my birthday, and Father's Day. We bought a Wii! We have really enjoyed it. It arrived the same day that Tim, Ange, Joel, Ben, Alexis, Noelle, Royal, and Mary arrived from the Tennessee Mountains. It was nice to have folks around that already had a wii. Many thanks to Joel and Ben for walking us through a few of the games.

I've never been one for gaming consoles. I even swore to myself (much like many other parents have as well, I'm sure) that I'd never buy one for my kids, but the whole interactive piece of this gaming console is wonderful! We are clearly hooked on it!

A few nights ago I checked out the tennis game. It was actually somewhat of a workout and my shoulder was a little sore the next day. Of course, the more I've played it the more I've realized that I don't have to go through the full motion as if I were actually playing, but that's half the fun of it. The bad part is that in order to make your shots more realistic have to move the remotes in a manner that make it hard to swing as if you were really playing tennis. So it's not perfect. I imagine one day they'll get it all figured out. Dennis and I played tennis last night and I proudly beat him 3 times (as in 5 game matches)! Wooohoooo!!!! Again, not realistic! Thankfully he's a good sport, but I'm sure next time we play I may not be so lucky.

Another neat thing about it is that you can create your own mii (a character that resembles yourself (or not if you'd like)). Dennis created his and I created ones for myself, Elizabeth and Katherine. Katherine is more into watching us play and cheers occasionally. Elizabeth enjoys it almost as much as we do. She likes to watch and cheer us on when we bowl. "Nice Spare, Mommy!" "Nice Strike, Daddy!" "Awww, Nice try!" Very cute! She helps us race cows (yes, there's a game where you race cows and get points for taking out scarecrows), playing the fishing, and playing Olympic swimming.

Today before nap time we played the cow racing game with just her mii and she was tickled to see the mii resembling her riding the cow and chasing down the scarecrows. "Look, Mommy, I'm riding that cow! That's me!" as she giggled away! She was however, very disappointed that no one was racing with her.

I know there will be plenty of funny stories to share about our wii adventures in the future.

No comments:

Summary of What We've Been Up to...

For those of you who are new to our blog, WELCOME! Here are few posts that can quickly catch you up.

"Happy Holidays 2010"
"Christmas 2009"
"Happy Holidays 2008"
"A Quick Catch Up!"