Saturday, May 31st, was our first day at the pool for the season. It was our neighborhoods yearly season opening BBQ. It was the first year that I was not involved with helping organize and work at it and that felt a little strange. I felt like I should be doing something. It didn't take long before I was enjoying not having to do anything but enjoy my family and friends!
Every year we're not too sure what to expect from the girls initially. Will they love the water? Will they even get into the water? Will they be cautious? This year there was little hesitation. Elizabeth actually enjoyed playing in the shallow end since she could touch the bottom. The water came up between her chest and waist. Katherine, who wasn't too sure about it last year, was fearless. That's a little scary. I think she'd jump in with out even thinking twice. She couldn't get enough of the water.
After playing for a good 3 hours in the pool, Elizabeth was content to sit wrapped up in a towel
(teeth chattering in the 90+ degree weather). If you asked her if she was ready to go home she'd loudly tell you, "NO!" Then she'd head back to the pool. Katherine finally gave in and napped a little on my shoulder while Elizabeth got down and boogied to the music (there was a DJ there). Who knew she knew how to to the chicken dance. She had a blast dancing!
Both girls were beat after a long day of playing at the pool. It was weird for us to have both girls in bed by 8:30pm. Weird, but nice! I think we could get used to that!
Every year we're not too sure what to expect from the girls initially. Will they love the water? Will they even get into the water? Will they be cautious? This year there was little hesitation. Elizabeth actually enjoyed playing in the shallow end since she could touch the bottom. The water came up between her chest and waist. Katherine, who wasn't too sure about it last year, was fearless. That's a little scary. I think she'd jump in with out even thinking twice. She couldn't get enough of the water.
After playing for a good 3 hours in the pool, Elizabeth was content to sit wrapped up in a towel
Both girls were beat after a long day of playing at the pool. It was weird for us to have both girls in bed by 8:30pm. Weird, but nice! I think we could get used to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment