I guess we can't avoid all of the childhood virus'. Katherine came down with Hand, Foot & Mouth last week. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done for it besides Motrin and a lot of holding. It was so difficult to see my baby sob continuously. For those who aren't familiar with her personality. It is rare for her to even run a fever or act sick when she is sick, so you can just imagine how hard this week was for me. Then add that it is highly contagious so we were house bound for the rest of the week (I'm hoping that today will be the last day of our quarantine). The good news is that she's finally got her appetite back and her fever is gone! She seems pretty normal today. Now we just have to watch and hope that Elizabeth doesn't get it. It's been a rough week for her, too. She, of course like any big sister, was a little jealous of all of the extra attention that her little sister was getting. Usually it's the other way around.
Along with having HFMD, Katherine started using a new word. She's started to say, "omma." We are thinking that is might be "more", but I'm starting to lean towards it meaning Momma. Maybe since her throat was hurting this week she dropped the leading M. We'll be watching to see if "omma" sticks around or goes away with HFMD.
Next week will start my adventure at the YMCA. I just can't seem to get into a normal workout routine at home and with free child watch I should be able to finally get back to shape. I'm looking forward to it since several of my girlfriends already have memberships. There should be a lot of support and motivation there. Although, I'm the one with the longest journey back to my pre-child figure. YIKES! It certainly could be much worse. My goal is to run in the 5k Race for the Cure (usually in October) and to follow that with a half marathon (13 miles). You'd think I've completely lost my mind, right? I hope that will be followed with Dennis and I finally putting a trip to some magnificent peak(s) back in our travel plans. I would love to hit each of the ones (Everest base camp, Mt. Kilimanjaro, and Machu Picchu) we've considered, but that's not going to happen unless we win the lottery (which we rarely play).
1 comment:
Post a Comment