Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bawling Preschool Christmas Program


Wednesday, December 16th, was Katherine's first Christmas program at preschool. We were very excited for her. Dennis was there early and got us great seats in the front row. I got there in the nick-of-time. Katherine was all dressed up in her Christmas dress. Her accessories were what she picked out and insisted on wearing. She looked very cute.

The beginning of the program was the 3's and 4's. The 2's then joined them. They were right up front! Katherine spotted us and was so happy to see us. Then she saw everyone else and panic set in. She was so overwhelmed. First, she covered her mouth and then her eyes. We could see the big frown and tears started to flow. By the time they were down to the last couple of songs she was just beside herself sobbing. One of her classmates even pointed us out to her and tried to console her.

Finally, at a break between songs, I stepped up to the stage and she ran over to me. She did calm down after a little bit and sat and enjoyed watching her friends in the program. I'm hoping that the next program will be a better experience for her. She is such the little entertainer so I was very surprised to see her be completely overwhelmed. Maybe next time we'll sit farther back where she can't see us. Either way, we are looking forward to many more fun and unpredictable preschool programs.

There are more pictures and videos here. (I tried to add the video to this post, but it wouldn't work. Please check it out it was very cute.)

No comments:

Summary of What We've Been Up to...

For those of you who are new to our blog, WELCOME! Here are few posts that can quickly catch you up.

"Happy Holidays 2010"
"Christmas 2009"
"Happy Holidays 2008"
"A Quick Catch Up!"